Sunday, September 29, 2013

Finally! A Place For The Clown Princess

First, allow me to take a moment to give a big Thank You! to Harley Quinn's creators Paul Dini and Bruce Timm. It is nice having a character that I not only love, but for once, I am older than aha And just how much do I love this character? Well, last Halloween I was blessed with the birth of my second daughter, and although we went more feminine with the spelling, her name is none other than Harleigh Quinn.

After years of being a support character for The Joker, or currently in the pages of Suicide Squad and formerly Gotham City Sirens, Harley Quinn is finally getting her own monthly series. Slated to hit the shelves Wednesday, November 20th, 2013, writers Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti along with a collection of artists including Sam Keith, Tony S. Daniels, among others are in charge of bringing Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel and her crazy alter ego to life.

Although she is a Batman related character, I don't consider this to be just another "Bat-book". I am sure Batman will make appearances and the title may even be apart of future cross-overs/story arcs, but I think much like DC has done with others like Batwoman or Nightwing, Harley's path and story will be her own. I admit I am curious ho wand if The Joker will fit into all of this, despite the events from "Death Of The Family" (if you haven't read this story arc, may I strongly suggest you go grab each issue or the collected edition when available. Thank me later).

Harley-Quinn.Batman.Detective-Comics.Finally, since it is scheduled to drop at the same time that the DC Universe is following the Batman into Year Zero ("Dark City" seems to be the title for this), and the first issue is #0, it may be a safe bet that they will be taking Harley's story back to origin. That's an assumption though, I am not totally sure how the creative team will be starting things off. All I do know, is that I am looking forward to whatever it is that awaits us come November.


Oh, and don't forget to check out Harley Quinn during Villains Month this September a la the pages of Detective Comics #23.2. Like most I am a Villains fan so although my bank account isn't excited, I am pumped for Villains Month!

Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment