Saturday, October 4, 2014

BATMAN? WHAT ABOUT GREEN LANTERN?

Green_Lantern. New_Gods. Godhead.DCWith "Batman" getting set to unleash Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's next major story arc, a lot of people seem to have a problem with the dollar price hike. Understandably so, after raising the price from $2.99 to $3.99 on a regular basis. Are we about to see the price make a permanent home at $4.99 if the issues continue to sell so well? Hopefully not. Now don't get things twisted. I am not saying that Snyder and Capullo's work hasn't been worth it. "Zero Year" was amazing, and left us wanting more of Batman's origin, as well as other characters (ie The Red Hood post acid plunge).

The point of this article, is to ask why there hasn't been any grumblings about the Green Lantern side of things. There may not be the price jump, but the constant cross-overs do add up, and put a dent in the wallet. And they keep coming even with Geoff Johns now working on "Justice League". As stated with Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's work in "Batman", I am not complaining about the quality of stories. Although I will admit that "Red Lanterns" never really seems to fit into the scheme of things, and with it being a preferred title I am always a little disappointed.

Batman.End_Game.Scott_Snyder.Greg_Capullo.DC_ComicsSo, why is the "hate" always aimed at Batman? Is it because us fans refuse to admit defeat in regards to our Dark Knight versus anyone and anything? Maybe, but I see some fellow Bat-fans out there chirping about the cover price. Which usually comes with all-around top quality, the glossy and/or embossed covers, the story, and the art. Out of the six to seven Lantern titles, I only read two. "Green Lantern" and "Red Lanterns". In the beginning of the New 52, I was only getting half of the overall story. Now with Sinestro and Larfleeze, I am getting even less. I'll admit that it only half bothers me, as I enjoy the "hunt". Meaning I am a "hard copy" collector/reader, and I enjoy having to search for the titles that I missed or need to complete a story arc.

Usually a "positive" vibe around here, but figured someone had to add the Lanterns to the mix when others are complaining about "Batman" going up to $4.99 again for a major story. Looking forward to both "Batman: End Game" and "Godhead" with the Lantern titles.

For more Comic Book, Movie, TV Show, Video Game, and Wrestling stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment